my sister and her family moved to spain. since living there in college, she has always had a desire to live there again. so, her hubby acquiesced (and his job blessedly transferred him), and they arrived early this morning. her children will now be multilingual…they already know dutch and english. isn’t that great? [Read more…]
been thinkin’ about pastor’s sermon on sunday (dr. tony evans). he took it from genesis 32:24-32, the story of jacob and his wrestling with the angel. there was so much to the sermon, but here are a few points that resonated with me…
in jacob’s old age, he blessed joseph’s sons, and he asked to be buried with leah…
jacob loved rachel early on, yet at the end of his life asked to be buried with leah.
why? because at the end of his life he discoverd god’s divine order of things, and not his fleshly desires. significance? leah was the mother of judah, from whom would come david, from whose line would come the christ. [Read more…]
i just thank god for his abundant mercies…
several months ago, i saw on the news a new type of robbery that is spreading. it’s where the thieves will drive up to cars as a person is pumping gas, open their car door, steal their belongings, and drive away…all unbeknownst to the person pumping gas. the woman interviewed said she didn’t see anything happen and would have had no clue as to how her purse was stolen had it not been for the surveillance tape.
anyway, i locked my doors while i pumped gas most of the time before having seen this, but after this i ALWAYS locked my doors while pumping gas. and, i’m glad i did. i was at the pump, and yes, my purse was open and on the front seat. well, i just happened to look over at my passenger’s window (it was at night…and my windows are tinted), and this guy was looking down at my purse, [Read more…]
lou let jacob experience the whirlpool the other day, and it was adorable. husbands are so good. they do such daring things with children that moms would never do, and the kids love it! i have never even considered turning on the jets with jacob…because of course children can drown in just an inch of water!
2. I always have to shower in the morning. it wakes me up (even if i took a shower/bath that night).
3. Please do not poke me to get my attention, just call my name.
4. Do not walk on my bathroom rugs in your shoes.
5. I have to drink orange juice with my oatmeal. they just seem to go together.
6. DO NOT TOUCH MY CHILD’S HANDS!
7. I always wash the silverware and cups first, then the plates/bowls, and the pots are last if i wash by hand. Please don’t put anything in the water. you don’t know what order i’m in.
8. if i’m driving, I CHOOSE THE STATION!…well, unless i like the song that’s on that you changed it to.
9. DON’T EVER USE MY TOOTHBRUSH! EVER!
10. I’m brand loyal to Tide, Colgate, Dove soap, and Ivory liquid. if you see something else in my house, it’s because i didn’t do the shopping…or the store was out and i needed it RIGHT then.
11. I love to cuddle. I like warm bodies.
12. If someone leaves my house, i have to watch them leave until i can’t see them anymore (when i was little i used to wave the whole time, so i’ve progressed).
13. I eat ice…a lot. don’t tell me i have to stop because it MAY crack my teeth (Mr. Dentist!).
14. I only drink after the one i kiss, and he knows to watch the backwash if he drinks something of mine.
15. Don’t even think about eating off my plate, and i only do it to the one i kiss.
16. I hate to run out of stuff, so I will get it weeks before I need it.
17. You must NEVER smack around me. Why would you need to chew with your mouth open?
18. Repetitive noises irk me (like finger/pen tapping).
19. Who came up with eating popcorn in the movie theater (see #17 and #18)?
20. I like even numbers, like I had to add this line because I didn’t want to stop on 19. hahaha
i’ve heard it said that “be careful what you tell, cuz what you tell, tells on you.” what did i just reveal? 🙂
okay, this post is totally for me, but if it helps someone…okay.
my sister has to tell me this all the time, so i wanted to get it immortalized, so as to not have to bother her with it again (per her request…hahaha)
the 7 day process:
3 days before immunization:
Vitamin C (300 mg); 1 ml Echinacea (3X a day)
The day before:
Add 1 drop of Vitamin A to Vit. C and Echinacea
do all three
do all three
next 2 days:
only do Vitamin C and Echinacea
***if you use this, do according to age…i did less for his 6 months shot [i have vaccines issues, so that was the first time he got any]. he’s 15 mos. now***
Normally give 100 mg of Vitamin C a day
well, i am no longer a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). i started my new job today. i feel SOOOOO blessed to have been able to stay at home for 15 months with my son. god could not have made my transition any sweeter than this morning.
jacob woke up exceptionally early (like he knew we would both be gone). lou got up with him and tried to put him back to sleep, but to no avail. so we all were up at 5:30 a.m. so, lou stayed awake with him and fed him breakfast and they hung out for a while while i got my last hour of sleep. [Read more…]